In this lesson we will consider how to say «Having done this task, I began to do another task» or «Doing that task I was thinking of another task». Without long explanations, you need just to change ending and add certain case.
Part 1. First construction — «Having done». Note, a verb in this construction is always in perfective form!
СДЕЛАВ — Having done
РАССКАЗАВ — Having told
ОПИСАВ — Having described
CЫГРАВ — Having played (и is changed to ы in some words (e.g. играть)
ПОСМОТРЕВ — Having looked at
As you see, you just have to change -ТЬ to В: СДЕЛАТЬ- СДЕЛАВ, РАССКАЗАТЬ- РАССКАЗАВ and so on!
And for reflexive verbs, change –ТЬСЯ to –ВШИСЬ
УЧИВШИСЬ – having studied
СЛОМАВШИСЬ – having got broken
ПРИГОТОВИВШИСЬ – having got prepared
СДЕЛАВ ДОМАШНЮЮ РАБОТУ, Я ПОШЁЛ ГУЛЯТЬ – Having done the homework, I have gone to walk.
ПРИГОТОВИВ ЕДУ, Я СЪЕЛ ЕЁ – Having made the food, I have eaten it.
ПОСМОТРЕВ ФИЛЬМ, ОН ПОШЁЛ СПАТЬ Having watched the film, he has gone to sleep.
ПРИГОТОВИВШИСЬ К ИГРЕ, ИГРОКИ ПРИШЛИ НА СТАДИОН – Having prepared for the game, the players have come to the stadium
ПОМЫВШИСЬ УТРОМ В ДУШЕ, Я НАЧАЛ ГОТОВИТЬ ЗАВТРАК – Having taken a shower at the morning (literally: having washed myself in the shower at morning) I started to prepare a breakfast
Part 2. One also can say «Doing something, I was thinking about something». In this case the verb is in imperfective form, and you just have to change an ending to –Я, and for reflexive verbs to –ЯСЬ.
ГОВОРЯ ПО ТЕЛЕФОНУ, Я ДУМАЛ О ВСТРЕЧЕ – talking by phone, I was thinking about meeting
ЧИТАЯ КНИГУ, Я НИЧЕГО НЕ ПОНИМАЛ – reading a book, I was understanding nothing
ПЕЧАТАЯ ТЕКСТ, Я ДЕЛАЛ МНОГО ОШИБОК – typing a test, I was making many errors
ПУТЕШЕСТВУЯ ОЧЕНЬ ДАЛЕКО, ОН ВСПОМИНАЛ О ДОМЕ – traveling very far, he was remembering about home
СМОТРЯСЬ В ЗЕРКАЛО, ОНА ДУМАЛА, ЧТО НУЖНО ХУДЕТЬ – looking at herself in the mirror, she was thinking that she needs to lose weight
Make appropriate participle II
- кофе, он поехал дальше (ВЫПИТЬ – to drink) – Having drunk a coffee, he has gone farther
- шкаф, я нашёл свою рубашку (ОТКРЫТЬ – to open) – Having opened a wardrobe, I have found my shirt
- на велосипеде, он слушал музыку (ПОКАТАТЬСЯ – to ride) – Riding bicycle, he listened to music
- Олег водил машину, по телефону (ГОВОРИТЬ – to talk) – Talking by phone, Oleg was driving car
- ноутбук, я положил его в рюкзак (ЗАРЯДИТЬ – charge) – Having charged the notebook, I’ve put it into backpack
- с условиями работы, Павел начал работать (СОГЛАСИТЬСЯ – to agree) – Having agreed with conditions of work, Pavel has started to work
- в Москву, мы пытались найти отель (ПРИЕХАТЬ – to come(by transport)) – Having come to Moscow, we tried to find a hotel
1: выпив, 2: открыв, 3: покатавшись, 4: говоря,
5: зарядивши, 6: согласившись, 7: приехавши