There are many ways to memorize vocabulary. But did you hear about learning vocabulary with the crossword method? If you already read about the 400 most common words in any language, then this is a good method to memorize these words. So, how to write crosswords, and not to forget everything at once?
Take a block note or a paper, find a first word to memorize, write it vertically, and then write crosswords. Look at the example with Spanish words:
The words in crossword: Compartir, olvidar, hermoso, disponible, casa, libro, gente, considerar, recordar.
Remember, the more words pass through your sight and pen, the more chance to memorize more words.
Here are the ways to memorize more words:
- Write translations next to each word
- After writing a crossword, write some sentences with used words
- If you want to add a word and there is not a matching letter, start the next crossword with this word
- Write crosswords on sticky notes
- Start writing each word from the last letter
- Write all words separated by commas from the crossword below the crossword without translations
- Try to include an equal number of verbs, nouns, and adjectives in the crossword
Let’s write some sentences using the words from the crossword above. The sentences can be stupid, but it’s normal because the main purpose is to make a context to memorize words:
Hay un libro en mi casa que yo compartí muchas veces – There is a book in my home that I shared many times
Te recuerdas u olvidaste esa hermosa casa? – Do you remember or forgot that beautiful house?
Estoy disponible ahora porque estoy en casa – I am available now because I am at home
Qué es lo que la gente considera como hermoso? – What do the people consider as beautiful?
Este libro está disponible en Amazon – This book is available in Amazon
El olvidó compartir algo con sus amigos – He forgot to share something with his friends
Try it, maybe this method is good for you, maybe not, who knows? 🙂